Thursday, April 20, 2017

Life and Times III

I enjoy building things, and I have a lot of projects to attend to over the summer. Every year, I replace part of my deck for a few reasons: 1) I hate the paint. It's expensive, and it's messy. 2) The deck is slowly rotting, so I've been replacing boards and applying linseed oil. In addition to the deck, recent windstorms have damaged two of my gates. They weren't installed correctly (from the previous owner) to start with, and so I've got to take them apart. I have also wanted to to work on various small tasks such as building a small bathroom shelf.

I have a miter saw that is very heavy, and each time I lift it from the shed, I risk throwing out my back. I usually roll out a table to place it on, but it's a lot of work. This year, I decided to build a table with wheels to support my miter saw.

The project took 2 1/2 days as I am still an amateur. I used 7 inch steel wheels, wheelbarrow support handles, a ton of 3/8 carriage bolts, nuts, and washers. It's pretty sturdy. I put in four carriage bolts on the sides to support a tarp, and bolted the saw down. I can roll this beast across the yard without hurting my back. I plan on securing some goggles, gloves, and various other tools to the table.




0 comments: