Monday, January 15, 2024

Hair Loss (BEFORE)

Picture of crown (buzz cut)
 I've noticed my hair thinning, and while it used to bother me more, I've reached an age where I'm not as anxious about it. Around 85% of men will lose a significant amount of hair by age fifty.  If this had happened in my twenties, I'd be in full panic mode. In my early thirties, I managed to slow down hair loss with topical minoxidil, despite experiencing some side effects. However, it's no longer effective.

Starting January 12th, I've adopted a new routine, and I'll share my progress in three and six months:

1) Switching to oral minoxidil, as it's said to absorb better and has shown regrowth results (prescription required). Whereas topical minoxidil seems to only be effective at slowing down hair loss.

2) Using topical rosemary oil mixed with coconut oil, proven as effective as minoxidil in one study.

Picture of Crown (No Haircut)

3) Micro-needling every two or three days.

4) Red light therapy every other day (though my device isn't top-notch yet).

5) Applying Jamaican castor oil every three days.

6) Using caffeinated shampoo every three days.

7) Taking a daily saw palmetto pill (DHT blocker).


I've tried various other remedies like biotin shampoo, different DHT blockers, and natural shampoos with no success. This new approach might either work or not, but I'm determined to find out.

Note: Both pictures were taken one day apart. The top left photo is with a buzz cut and the bottom right photo is without a haircut. These are my starting photos.


0 comments: